Thursday, October 11, 2007

Huzzah for more Europa!

I realized, as I sat down to write the latest entry in this blog that I have never actually explained where I am going. And as those plans have changed in the last 24 hours, this seems an ideal opportunity.

I am leaving January 10, 2008 from Dulles International Airport to wing my way to Riva San Vitale, Switzerland to spend four months on Lake Lugano (and a mere jaunt from Lago Como-European seat of George Clooney [if I have a sighting I get out of class for the day]). Riva San Vitale is, at least from the pictures, a lovely small town just a few miles from the northern Italian border, and nestled in the Alps.

While in Switzerland I'll be making class-sanctioned trips to Germany and Italy, and given three day weekends for personal exploration. This includes my spring break in March, and what is already being labeled "The Birthday of Doom". At least by me. For I shall be having my 21st birthday while in Europe, a land where the drinking age comes much earlier. So, no bar crawls at 10 pm the night before for me. Instead I plan on claiming Switzerland for me. And then conquering the rest of Europe. That or three days of partying before spending Easter Sunday in Vatican City. What could be better? I tell you nothing. Unless my plans for Zombie Pope and Zombie Harry Caray actually follow through (I assure you, I am not nearly as mad as that previous sentence makes me sound).

After Switzerland there's this period of about 3.5 weeks where I exist in a void: I have another study abroad program-this one in London that begins late May, and ends late June.

Which means I need suggestions: what shall I do? Shall I bum about Europe a la "Eurotrip" or the forthcoming "Harold and Kumar" sequel? or should I come home? or visit with friends I know distantly?

Ah, the difficulties of a life abroad.

1 comment:

Ain't Tropolist Neither said...

Bum about Europe. That's my suggestion.